E-On Software announced that Carbon Scatter 2
is now available to download as a trial. This new release provides many new features over the first one and is available as a plugin for 3DS MAX, Maya and Cinema4D.
Some of the features of Carbon Scatter 2 include:
* Over 100 3D plant species (with variations!) and 130+ billboard trees included
* Populate millions of instances per second!
* Interactive population – change a setting and Carbon Scatter repopulates in a blink
* Populate at 360° around objects
* Use the powerful EcoPainter brush to paint-in instances directly with your mouse
* Edit or create your own plant species with the optional Carbon Botanica extension
* Render billions of polygons easily thanks to native instancing
* Works with all your shaders and native previewing options (Nitrous, point-cloud, etc)
* Advanced scattering rules with procedural graph control
* Multi-layer scattering with internal affinity/repulsion
* Scattering inside/along curves
* Stacked instances (e.g. to create piles of rubble)
* Use animated populations with full phasing control
* Enormous library of additional plant species available from cornucopia3d.com*
The trial version ships with a limited collection of plants and polygonal meshes, and is limited to rendering up to a total of 10000 instances. Saving is also disabled.