JefeCheck 1.5, a free, easy to use yet highly flexible high resolution image flipbook for film and TV post work, has been released
, and the application is now free for all to download, running on Windows, Linux and MacOS.
This tool is a very interesting software program for artists, technical directors, or anyone working in the post production world of video or film projects. According to the site, some of the features include:
* Hardware Accelerated High Resolution RAM based image sequence playback.
* Many, many formats (DPX, OpenEXR, TIFF, TGA, JPEG, BMP, etc)
* Play up to four 2K streams at once on commodity hardware 4K playback capable (hardware dependent)
* Different viewport layouts (single, 2x2, side by side, top and bottom)
* Real Time transformations (zoom, pan, flip, flop)
* Once, Loop and Ping Pong playback modes.
* DPX Metadata Display
* Real Time Aspect Ratio modifications, with image deformation (for anamorphic) or cropping with black bars.
* Automatic Proxy Generation
* Area of Interest loading
* Low hardware requirements
* Fully multi-threaded
* Process image in Real Time and Full Resolution using gaming level hardware.
* Easy to write plug-in system based on XML text files and the OpenGL Shading Language.
* FXs are stackable, apply as many as you want.
* Flexible LUT format
* Render to image sequences.
The site offers a donate option for those who want to contribute to the development process.