Archive of TideArt content.
Wed, Nov 30 2011 19:50:56 UTC
Mari 1.4 released
Back to index
The Foundry, the company behind well known VFX software like Nuke, released Mari 1.4
, the latest version of their 3D digital painting tool. Mari allows artists to focus on the painting process instead of grappling with technical issues, especially useful for texture artists and matte painters.
Some of the new features include:
- PSD workflows for textures and projections
- Industry leading colour managment via OpenColorIO
- Live Triplanar projections for flexible seamless coverage
- Zoom tool
- Realtime colour correction modules
- Masked filtering for exact control
- C API for data import / export
- Hundreds of improvements and optimizations
The company also produced a video to show some of the new features in action.