Archive of TideArt content.
Fri, Nov 4 2011 18:19:53 UTC
100 3DS MAX tips
Back to index
Jamie Gwilliam from Autodesk UK has an interesting post
this week with a list of 100 quick 3DS MAX tips, compiled over a three months period, and promises even more to come soon.
There's many good ones including:
- If using gamma then ensure the gamma settings of Bump/Specs/Normal/Opacity maps = 1.0. (Found in file load options.)
- To ignore an object when zooming (Z), Right Click the object and select Object Properties>Ignore Extents
- Press F9 shortcut key to perform a re-render using the previously used camera and output settings
- Use CTRL+ALT+Middle Mouse button in the animation timeline to offset the whole of your original animation timeline
- You can record animation from one object and reuse on another via the 'Load/Save Animation' options, under the animation menu header